Light dents on cover, some wear near top binding
All the Right Angles is a fun, fascinating and highly visual book that explains the mathematical and scientific principles in sports. With a clear infographics approach, the book never burdens readers with too many numbers and formulas or slows them down with jargon. Instead, dynamic layouts, bold and colorful diagrams and minimal text promote easy comprehension.
There are four parts with self-contained spreads that cover 89 topics in all. They include:
- Power and Motion: Basketball and Conservation of Energy; Ball Games and the Magnus Effect; Football and Newtonian Physics of Collision; Squash and Gas Pressure; Cycling and Gyroscopes
- Angles, Trajectories and Geometry: Mathematics of a Golf Shot; Pool and Tangent Lines; Auto Racing and Distance; Baseball and Trajectories; Cycling and Gradients
- Numbers and Statistics: Statistics in Baseball; Mathematics and Fantasy Football; Game Theory and Fencing; The Statistics of Home Advantage
- Mathematics, Biology and Environment: Effects of Tennis Court Surfaces; Horsepower; Skydiving and Terminal Velocity; Fencing, Tennis and Reaction Speeds; Hydration and Performance.
Eight "Sports by Numbers" feature spreads cover baseball, football, rugby, golf, cricket, soccer, tennis and Formula 1. Throughout the book are facts, statistics, trivia and little-known anecdotes that will entertain all sport fans and athletes.
- Printed in the USA
- By Joel Levy
- Published By Firefly Books Ltd